Are you looking to make a change in your life or career?
Education, training and lifelong learning can open up new opportunities for you.
By answering some simple questions, this guide will help you find what services are available in the Grand Erie region.
Grand Erie includes Brantford, Brant County, Haldimand County, Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation, Norfolk County and Six Nations of the Grand River.
Please select one:
I would never have thought I would go back to school like I did. I proved I could.
- Linda, went back to school at age 60 to learn new computer skills.
I definitely didn't have my confidence. When I finished school, I gained it back; now I'm good.
- Chyvonne, finished high school through the School Within A College program
This education has made my dreams come true and will help create a better life for my family.
- Jennifer returned to school to get into her dream career.
…losing my job allowed me to return to school to update my skills and to pursue a career I had always wanted.
- Bill lost his job, but using Second Career funding re-trained and is working again.
I knew that if I had a chance to study in Canada, I would educate myself and be able to help other people.
- Tracey came to Canada and had to retrain and is now in love with education.
It was a very intimidating prospect… I hadn’t been in school for 40 years. But it is one of the best decisions I ever made.
- Terry, finished his secondary school diploma at age 59.
The alternative programs are for people that don’t fit. Instead of getting left behind, people can finish their education.
- Trevor is getting top marks in college, after finishing high school through School Within A College.
It felt like it was what I was supposed to be doing.
- Melissa struggled with depression and anxiety, and these efforts inspired her to inspire others with mental health issues.
I am committed to education. It’s what keeps my life going. It will change my life and the lives of others.
- Abdi grew up in a refugee camp. Education was his way to a better life.
I am proud to be Native...I want to show that if I can do it, they can do it too.
- Sharmaine wants to use her education to help inspire other Aboriginal students.